I will start with two that we are personally trying to do as a family:
- Visiting all National Parks in the United States.
- Visiting all the National Park Sites in the United States.
Other fun goals that outdoor and travel enthusiasts can try:
- Visit all the United States.
- Visit every continent
- Visit every country
- Fairy Door Scouting (fun for kids and families)
- Geocaching goals
- Geocaching is a great outdoor activity and one can set a number of goals (e.g., we are trying to find at least one geocache in every state).
- Highpointing various locations in the world / country / county
- Highpointing is the sport of ascending to the point with the highest elevation within a given area (the “highpoint”). Examples include: climbing the highest point of each U.S. state; reaching the highest point of each county within a specific state; and ascending the highest mountain on each continent (the “Seven Summits”).
- County highpointing resource.
Other misc, random goals:
- Idaho Hot Spring Tour. I first heard of this from SUV RVing on youtube here.
- Complete Guide to Idaho Hot Springs by Doug Roloff